The Guide to U.S. HMOs and PPOs, formerly titled the HMO/PPO Directory profiles 857 Managed Care Organizations in the United States, listing current information for HMO, PPO, POS, and Vision & Dental plans. This new 31st edition provides the most comprehensive database of the rapidly changing managed healthcare industry on the market today, offering more consistency in state listings than ever before, as well as lists of major consolidations in the health insurance industry—ongoing since the introduction of the Affordable Care Act in 2010. This edition includes 29 brand new entries.
In addition to detailed profiles of 906 Managed Healthcare Organizations, this 2019 edition of the Guide to U.S. HMOs and PPOs includes:
- A 29-page report from the Census Bureau - Health Insurance Coverage in the United States:2017 - with charts, tables, and maps;
- A full page chart showing population numbers without health insurance 2013-2016 by the top 25 populous metro areas.
- State Statistics and Ranking section with state-by-state numbers of individuals covered by type of health plans, and state ranking by number of individuals enrolled in health plans.
Plan profiles are arranged alphabetically by state. The first page of state chapter features a State Summary chart of Health Insurance Coverage Status and Type of Coverage by Age. This chart includes a number of categories, from "Covered by some type of health insurance" to "Not covered at any time during the year." Immediately following the State Summary, plan listings provide crucial contact information, including key executives, often with direct phone numbers, email addresses, fax numbers, websites, and more.
Each profile provides a detailed summary of the plan, including some of the following:
- Type of Plan, including Specialty and Benefits
- Type of Coverage
- Type of Payment Plan
- Subscriber Information
- Financial History
- Average Compensation Information
- Current Member Enrollment
- Hospital Affiliations
- Number of Primary Care and Specialty Physicians
- Federal Qualification Status
- For Profit Status
- Specialty Managed Care Partners
- Regional Business Coalitions
- Employer References
- Peer Review Information
- Accreditation Information
The plan profiles include key executives, fax numbers, websites, and email addresses.
In addition to the detailed front matter, state statistics, and comprehensive plan profiles, Guide to U.S. HMOs
& PPOs includes two Appendices and five Indexes.
- Appendix A: Glossary of Health Insurance Terms—Includes more than 150 terms such as Aggregate
Indemnity, Diagnostic Related Groups, Non-participating Provider, and Waiting Period.
- Appendix B: Industry Web Sites—Contains dozens of the most valuable health care web sites and a
detailed description, from Alliance of Community Health Plans to National Society of Certified
Healthcare Business Consultants.
- Plan Index: Alphabetical list of insurance plans by seven plan types: HMO; PPO; HMO/PPO; Dental;
Vision; Medicare; and Multiple.
- Personnel Index: Alphabetical list of all executives listed, with their affiliated organization.
- Membership Enrollment Index: List of organizations by member enrollment.
- Primary Care Physician Index: List of organizations by their number of primary care physicians.
- Referral/Specialty Care Physician Index: List of organizations by their number of referral and
specialty care physicians.
The Guide to U.S. HMOs and PPOs is an invaluable resource for anyone within the healthcare industry, a much-used marketing tool for companies who provide materials and services to the managed care industry, and a useful reference for consumers seeking education and information about the world of managed care. This one-stop source has proven to be the premier guide in its field, containing an unprecedented amount of up-to-date information in a clear and easy-to-use format.
Many of our directories are available in a database format that you can download into your own spreadsheet or database software. Using this downloadable database you can print out mailing labels, segment the database by geographic area for your sales team, print out prospect sheets and much more. Plus, you can customize the database to meet your own specific search criteria.
Click on the here to download a datacard. Datacards outline pricing and ways in which you can segment the database. Contact our list manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 562-2139 x118 for up-to-the-minute counts or for more information.